What is the key to a reliable and creative process?
Everytime starting a new concept or project I like to write down all ideas I have in my head as the start. Sometimes I need few days for ideas to start sticking in my head. Then I try to keep my eyes and mind wide open and I look for inspiration in my everyday routines, and surrounding me people, objects, and landscapes. What I also find really helpful is visiting galleries, as sometimes I come across artists I never heard about earlier or works which give me a fresh look. Research is very important as it enables you to fully understand the subject matter, and brings you more inspiration. In my research I'm used to collecting objects and photographs of everything I see around me, like Beksinski said once, he is using his photography to create a kind of diary. So I also try to move my collections and take photographs of it in different locations, and see how and when it looks better, or it shows the story or message I want to share with my audience. Another aim of my research depends on my audience, to understand them, and be able to show the work that would speak to them. But here we have two kind of research, when the audience is already defined, like in the illustrations for children books, we need to know what is expected from us, and what would work for this audience. On the other hand when we are able to create a 'free' piece of work, then our role is to define audience, so the place where it would be shown would not offend any one.
For artists research is the most important thing, as it get us straight to creative process and brings lots of inspirations. And as we working with the given project or brief it helps us to focus in depth of how to keep the right message.
Brak komentarzy:
Prześlij komentarz